My New Blog!

Welcome to my BLog!
Get to know me by checking who I am, what I Do, Create and Sell! Wether you are here by a referral site or by a common friend please check my Graphic Works, Fine Art Prints, Fashion and Art&Crafts Supplies and make yourself at home! Make sure you send me a message and get connected to my blog!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Turtles at the Lake






Hi!
This one is for these precious turtles I come to see at the lake every time I go on long strolls with my son. 

These image was captured a little after 4 turtles were happily sunbathing at the Lake. 
I had always tried to photograph these amazing creatures but had no luck. These guys are so shy! Extremely shy, I would say. 

One morning I got to the lake and encounter the surprising scene. I said to myself,  this is the time to finally get these guys in a shot! So, I silently approached the four turtles, and splashhhhhhhh..... two of them had just jumped into the water, but as soon as I realized that my plan was a bout to fade.... Click! I managed to get the remaining two in a pic! He he he... It was a great day! I finally had these great turtles in my camera. Right after I took the shot, the remaining two joined their fellows jumping into the lake.  

The moment of capturing these babies had a great deal of excitement and stamina that was going through me, it all lasted about 10 seconds... So fast that I couldn't even blink my eyes. They were teary afterwards from the dryness caused by the non-blinking.

Anyway,
After all that sweet hassle I love how this image turned out. The turtles look like if they were actually posing for the camera!    flawless as they can be. He he he... Great times.

I then did some digital watercolor painting to the image to add that contemporary painting look. 

Find this image on giclee print and on note cards at my Etsy shop (please keep reading). 

My dear turtles are printed as a Giclée on archival fine art paper,  I added a digital bucked edge around the image with a white border so you won't have to use a mat. Ready to be placed in a standard 8.5"x11" frame! As for the note cards, I have only one card left at my Etsy Shop shown in the "Set of any three giclee note cards" listing, check it out here

I use great quality ultra chrome inks. All prints are placed inside an acid free cello bag with sturdy backing bend-proof. 

I am proud to say that I personally handle all my giclee production in-house, from handling the digital images through printing and fulfilling. I own my own giclée equipment and I personally do the QA of all my products.

If you want to be directed to these marvelous turtles click here.

Enjoy!

Susana

  

No comments:

Post a Comment